Reading is your friend when other people forget to be.
1. It is as clear as it can possibly be.
2. It teaches you things.
3. It gives you lots of other friends.
4. Occasionaly cute ones.
5. It gives you places to dream about.
6. Invents things that no one has ever dreamed of.
7. It will stay with you until the very end. After Lord Voldemort is dead. Narnia is gone. And Alice is awake.
Si alte citate despre citit care mi-au placut:
“No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.” – Confucius
“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” – Margaret Fuller
“When you reread a classic, you do not see more in the book than you did before; you see more in you than there was before” – Cliff Fadiman
“The greatest gift is a passion for reading. It is cheap, it consoles, it distracts, it excites, it gives you knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind. It is a moral illumination.” – Elizabeth Hardwick
“A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining where a man’s mind can get both provocation and privacy.” – Edward P. Morgan Citeste in continuare: Reading: truths & quotes